We had a great open house this past June and our recipes were a hit! Each of our practitioners brought a dish and we gave out the recipes to those in attendance. Here is Katherine Parent (our nutritionist’s) recipe. Her source is www.tablespoon.com
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 drizzle of honey or agave nectar (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 lemon or lime
- First, rinse quinoa thoroughly in a small strainer. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Put quinoa in water and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until all water is absorbed (10-15 min).
- While quinoa is cooking, halve your tomatoes and cut up your avocado and cilantro.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, drizzle with olive oilk and agave/honey and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Stir up the quinoa to release some heat and bring to room temperature.
- Sir in avocado, tomato and cilantro, squeeze your citrus over this, toss and enjoy!!