I bought a few too many parsnips last week so I decided to try out some parsnip chips knowing I really like kale chips.
I used my new fancy vegetable peeler I got from a Pampered Chef party. It easily peels off thin layers perfect for chips. They were really good! They had a nice, sweet flavour with that satisfying crunch you need for late night snacking. Here is how I made them.
- 1 Parsnip
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take the first layer off of the parsnip with the peeler and discard. Then peel the rest of the parsnip onto a cookie sheet.
- Pour some olive oil and massage into the parsnip peels.
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Cook about 20 minutes, tossing every 7 minutes or so. Cook until mostly browned and crispy.
- Make a heaping small bowl.