We love seeing healthy babies in our practice. We also see the sick ones but we more often than not are assessing a new baby. Here’s what you can expect from your well-baby visit for the first visit:
- review of pregnancy & birth history
- recommendations for any current symptoms
- physical exam including – hair, skin, lymph nodes, abdomen, ears, heart and lung check, weight, height and head circumference
- charting on the growth chart
- information for stages where you are at now e.g. natural solutions for fevers, coughs & colds, food introduction, teething
Our baby patient then come to see us at set intervals so we can help track their growth and development as well as address any concerns that have come up since we saw them last. This is a safe place for you to bring your baby where we have the time to listen to your concerns. Babies also come in for acute visits for 15 or 30 minutes to address things you don’t want to take them to the walk-in clinic for.
Also, check out our new baby scale that we can accurate weigh your baby and toddler up to 40lbs!