Ok, the first trimester of pregnancy went pretty well for me. I did have a couple bouts of vomiting and felt nauseated pretty often. However, what I did to combat the nausea was eat very often.
Normally I can get through my day ok with breakfast, then lunch, then a snack then dinner. However, my first trimester of pregnancy, I ate pretty much every couple hours. My lunch bag looked like I was going for days instead of just a few hours to the office.
- lara bars – quick and pretty nutritious
- fruit cups – packed in juice or water (however, I spilled a few on my outfits while opening them at work)
- applesauce with ground flax seed – to combat the impending constipation
- rice crackers – everyone said get Saltine crackers but I try to stay gluten-free because I have a sensitivity
- baby belle cheese – I also try to stay dairy-free, however, the first trimester my diet wasn’t exactly picture perfect
I slipped up here and there and because I was so hungry and tired for those few months, I did eat more of what I shouldn’t. None of us are perfect, right?