These are the top 5 books I recommend women and their partners read while they are pregnant. These are a combination of books to prepare for a natural birth as well as what to do with the baby after it’s born and breastfeeding.
I want women to know that they have the capability to have safe and natural births. The media and movies make it look like a scary, impossible thing. However, our bodies know what to do and so do our babies. Trust in nature.
Enjoy reading and planning for your baby and life thereafter!
1. Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
2. The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin
3. Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
4. The Baby Book by The Sears family
5. The Womanly art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International
Dr. Whitney Young, ND and Jillian age 7 weeks