Steve has been off on paternity leave since June taking care of our little Jillian but he’s heading back to work this week. This is going to make my life a little more chaotic especially for mornings. I needed a quick breakfast to eat because I won’t have him with me helping to get myself and her out the door on time.
I found this recipe in Elana’s Pantry and made it last night. The house smelled amazing as it was baking! It tastes like a nutty cake with apricot flavour. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly and delicious. This morning I had a pie-slice of it with half a banana and felt full until lunch.
- Place apricots and pecans in a food processor and pulse until the texture of coarse gravel
- Pulse in eggs, salt and vanilla, until mixture forms a ball
- Remove mixture from food processor and work in chocolate chips
- Place mixture in a greased 8×8 baking dish or pie plate
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°
- Cool and serve