When a women loses a pregnancy, it can be devastating. They want to know why, and want to prevent it from happening again.
Here are a few tests worth doing when miscarriage is a possibility.
1. Celiac profile – there is a disproportionate number of women who have recurrent miscarriages with latent/undiagnosed celiac disease. A gluten free diet may be all that’s needed.
2. Anti thyroid peroxidase antibodies (anti-TPO) – autoimmune thyroid disease can be present without symptoms for years. There is more to thyroid treatment than meds.
3. DNA defragmentation of sperm – just because you’re getting pregnant, doesn’t mean that it isn’t him.
4. MTHFR genetic testing – some people cannot methylate the folic acid that they take in. Methyl folate is easy to find now. Taking it ensures more will be appropriately absorbed.
5. Overall immune testing – ANA, sperm antibodies, inflammatory markers. Optimizing immune health and managing inflammation is important in prevention.
The naturopathic doctors at Rooted have experience in helping women with recurrent miscarriage. They will also work with you once you are pregnant again, to help maintain the pregnancy.
Book a free ‘meet the doctor’ appointment to learn more. Call 705-792-6717 or book online.