Spaghetti and meatballs is such a lovely dish when you need a quick comfort food. When you are gluten free and egg free, that gets a little bit more challenging.
Not anymore! Here is a recipe for gluten free, egg free meatballs. They freeze wonderfully and are super delicious. Make a big batch, wrap them in bunches of six or eight (depending on your family size), and toss them in the freezer for spaghetti night.
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 small carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds of meat (beef and pork combo is good, let me know how turkey works)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (you could use GF quick oats too)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place everything into a bowl and mash them together. Don’t over mix it though, it makes them a bit denser.
- Make golf ball sized meatballs by rolling the mixture in your hands.
- Place the balls on the parchment paper.
- Put into the centre of the oven and bake for about 30 minutes (until they brown a little).