We love pancakes. I especially love pancakes that don’t make my blood sugars go crazy.
Whisk together in a large mixing bowl:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp each: baking powder, egg replacer, cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each: salt, baking soda
- 2 Tbsp oil (any kind: coconut, olive, melted butter)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup milk with 1/4 tsp vinegar (any milk will do: rice, almond, hemp, coconut, goat)
Beat until smooth then fold in:
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Pour onto hot griddle. Cook on first side until bubbles pop in the middle. Flip over and cook until firm and golden brown.
We always make a double batch and freeze the leftover for a quick and tasty mid-week breakfast.