When the weather turns colder, I turn to more soups. I especially like making one on the weekend to take for my lunches at work that week. Here is one I whipped up recently:
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- chicken stock (reserved from my crockpot stock after roasting a chicken
- Melt coconut oil in big pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and stir frequently till soft, then add other vegetables as they get cut.
- Add the chicken stock to cover all the veggies and fruit.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until all veggies are soft.
- Remove from heat and blend with a hand blender or in batches in a food processor.